11.1.06

Winter Picnic

Last Saturday was Niece-Weekend (I try to get them every-other weekend, usually). I just had them for the afternoon, this time, but it was a great day. We went out to "BaPa's" land (my father's lovely wooded acreage) to play. We had a fun winter picnic, just the three of us.
It was really warm for January, but it was still winter. So, I hung a tarp on some trees to one side of us, just to serve as a wind-break. It did so quite well and we had a lovely late lunch.
We took our time and, when we were done, the sun was already pretty low in the sky. It was growing colder as we were running out of sun.
So, "Shaman Leaping Tiger", or something like that, wrapped a towel around her waist to keep her legs warmer and we bundled her up.
Little Stazi had no hood on her coat, so I borrowed my father's hat and gloves for her. Is that not just adorable?

It was a great day. I may break the every-other-weekend tradition and get them again this Saturday, so we can go back while Dad will be home. I hear a neighbor of his has an Ostrich we can pet. They'll probably love that idea (although the reality of it may seem less appealing, when they see how large it is).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home